Whew! Recovering from the spectacular BlogHer 2011 Conference in San Diego. Re-energizing today. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend! My Blog Post “Sunday Snippets” is a collection of interesting items including quotes, blogs, articles relevant to entrepreneurs and business owners and other fun nuggets I ran across during the week that I think are worth sharing. I don’t go into detail on any of them but encourage you to check them out if they sound interesting. Hope you’re having a great Sunday! xo Michele
- “Don’t cheat the world of your contribution. GIVE it what you’ve got. ~Pressfield
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” Zig Ziglar
- “It’s better to do something and have it be wrong than to do nothing at all.” Dan Rockwell
- “Accent your positive and delete your negative.” — Donna Karan
- “Summer Eve’s douche campaign was offensive to vaginas everywhere!” Quote by Fatemeh Fakhraie speaking on Women in the Media at Blog Her Conference
Latina Style Business Series – August 10th in Anaheim. The emphasis is in creating a solid business foundation for the Latina entrepreneur. The program covers a wide-range of topics including: access to capital; strategic sales & marketing strategies; professional, technology, and communications services; corporate & federal procurement opportunities. Click here for more info.
I attended BlogHer 2011 this week in San Diego. 3000+ women bloggers (and a sprinkling of men bloggers!), as well as experts and representatives from media, PR and Social Media agencies, corporations who want to work with bloggers, and other fascinating people attended. I met spectacular women including well-known Success Coach and Blogger Liz Strauss who publishes a great blog I follow. A re-cap of the BlogHer 2011 sessions can be found at this link.
Tweets and Links about Entrepreneurship, Business and Marketing
These are some are tweets I’ve sent out on Twitter (which is why you might see a hashtag #).
- Good -> 12 Most Impactful Ways You Can Give Little Extras To Enhance Customer Experience http://twrt.me/3jujg RT @TedRubin
- The successful CEO needs to take a lead > CEOs Successfully Blogging To Reach Their Company’s Target Audience http://ow.ly/5VBY1 #mktg
- The Polite Way and Best Way to Exchange Business Cards http://ow.ly/5RxST #business #success #entrepreneurs #smallbiz #networking #founders
Life, Success, Happiness, Fun Stuff
Happy 100th Birthday Lucy! http://holykaw.alltop.com/happy-100th-birthday-lucy?tu2=1
Recent Blog Posts by Michele Ruiz
Why I Make Health Screenings a Priority as an Entrepreneur – Blog & Video Blog Post
12 Essential Elements to Create Great Blog Content and My Template for You to Use – Blog Post
Michele Ruiz ~ Empowering Entrepreneurs to Empower Themselves!
I’m a former news anchor/reporter turned entrepreneur. I blog about my Life as a Latina entrepreneur which includes being a Mom, a Latina woman in the business world, and an entrepreneur. I share real life, tips, know-how, lessons I’ve learned and insights I think may be helpful to you as I launch and build my next company. Hope you’ll join me! You can follow me on my website MicheleRuiz.com, on my Facebook Page , Twitter (@micheleruiz01), LinkedIn and YouTube vlogs. Thank you for support! Mil gracias por su apoyo!